- Find a Store
- Media Center
Please register at alpine.naviextras.com. Download the "Toolbox" from the download area before following the Map Update instructions for your Alpine navigation device.
Alpine.naviextras.com is the official map update portal for Alpine.
Some alpine.naviextras.com site features, including buying updates, require that your device is registered.
Please register your INA-W910R and your required personal data within Naviextras Toolbox, which is a free PC-tool.
1) Download <<Map_Update_Tool_Synctool_xxxxxx.zip>> to your PC.
2) Connect an empty SD card to your PC.
3) Extract the file (i.e. with Winrar/ WinZip / IZArc) onto the SD card. The folder “autorun” needs to be in root directory of the SD card.
4) Safely remove the SD card from your PC.
5) Power on INA-W910R by turning on the ignition and select „Navigation“ as Source.
6) Insert the SD card into INA-W910R.
7) Map Update Tool (Synctool) starts up. Please wait until file operation requests are processed and do not power off INA-W910R / switch off ACC during this process.
The process takes up to 30 minutes until finished, INA-W910R will restart automatically.
8) Remove the SD card from INA-W910R and connect it to your PC.
9) Start Naviextras Toolbox. The SD card will be recognized as your Navigation device. Purchase and install content and updates as described within Naviextras Toolbox.
Note: depending on your system, the Toolbox might offer you updates for the navigation software of the INA-W910R.
In case these updates are offered, continue with steps 10 to 13. Otherwise directly continue with step 14.
10) Download the Software Update. Safely remove the SD card from your PC and close Naviextras Toolbox after the download is finished.
11) Insert the SD card into INA-W910R and wait until the unit has booted. The Software Update is than applied to the unit.
12) Remove the SD card and connect it again to your PC.
13) Start Naviextras Toolbox. The SD card will be recognized as your Navigation device. Purchase and install content and updates as described within Naviextras Toolbox.
14) Safely remove the SD card from your PC and insert it into INA-W910R.
Start navigation with the updated content.
Do not remove the SD card from the navigation device except for further updates.
The following information is quite important for the service handling if you opened an account at Naviextras.com and purchased additional updates for your INA-W910R, in addition to the original installed software package!
The INA-W910R creates an individual software identification number called SWID, during first boot up of the system. This software identification number will be transfered to Naviextras.com while you purchase an update for your INA-W910R. This is made in order to guarantee Copyright protected issues. Your device and your account for this device will be recognized on your next visit at Naviextras.
Alpine Service are using PDF fomat for these forms and would firstly like to explain how these forms should be completed, for those of you that do not have acrobat installed on your computers these forms can be completed using Acobat Reader which is available as freeware, here is a link to download Acrobat Reader, Reader 9 or above will be required for these forms: (Adobe Reader X (10.1) will be needed for .pdf with embedded videos)..
Completed copies of PDF forms can not be saved on your computer for security reasons, so please complete the form and print it as a PDF, if you do not have a PDF printer installed on your computer there are many freeware PDF printers available on the net, here is a link to a well know one:
The SWID is important for service handling, since you will lose your SWID number if:
How_to_find_SWID_on_INA_W910R_EN.pdf (1.5 MB)
Therefore please note your SWID and fill out the attached form if your INA-W910R needs to return to our service department and you have purchased additional software for this device.
Unnecessary, if your INA-W910R has still original software package on it.
Service Form (PDF, 0.9 MB)