INE-W987D / X800D-U / X800D-ML / X800D-V / X800D-V447 / X800D-S906
Please register at alpine.naviextras.com. Download the "Toolbox" from the download area before following the Map Update instructions for your Alpine navigation device
Alpine.naviextras.com is the official map update portal for Alpine. Some alpine.naviextras.com site features, including buying updates, require that your Alpine navigation device is registered. Please register your Alpine navigation device and your required personal data within Naviextras Toolbox, which is a free PC-tool.
Requirements and limitations:
- Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Map Update Process
Do not delete files / folders of the SD card and do not add files / folders manually.
- Power on the navigation device.
- Press the hard key “Open / Tilt”, then, press the soft key “SD”.
- Remove the protective cover of the SD card and remove the SD card itself.
- Insert the SD card to your PC’s card reader.
- Go online on https://alpine.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads and follow the instructions on naviextras.com website how to download and install Naviextras Toolbox.
Start Naviextras Toolbox. The SD card will be recognized as your navigation device.
Purchase and install content and updates as described within Naviextras Toolbox.
- Safely remove the SD card from your PC.
- Reinsert the SD card into the SD card slot of your navigation device and attach the protective cover.
- Press the soft key “Close”.
- Reset the navigation device by pressing the Reset button located on the very left hand side of the hard key panel using a thin object (i.e. a needle).
- The navigation device restarts automatically and is ready to use.
The following information is quite important for the service handling if you opened an account at Naviextras.com and purchased additional updates for your INE-W987D / X800D-U / X800D-ML / X800D-V / X800D-V447 / X800D-S906, in addition to the original installed software package!
The INE-W987D / X800D-U / X800D-ML / X800D-V / X800D-V447 / X800D-S906 creates an individual software identification number called SWID, during first boot up of the system. This software identification number will be transfered to Naviextras.com while you purchase an update for your INE-W987D / X800D-U / X800D-ML / X800D-V / X800D-V447 / X800D-S906. This is made in order to guarantee Copyright protected issues. Your device and your account for this device will be recognized on your next visit at Naviextras.
Alpine Service are using PDF fomat for these forms and would firstly like to explain how these forms should be completed, for those of you that do not have acrobat installed on your computers these forms can be completed using Acobat Reader which is available as freeware, here is a link to download Acrobat Reader, Reader 9 or above will be required for these forms: (Adobe Reader X (10.1) will be needed for .pdf with embedded videos)..
Completed copies of PDF forms can not be saved on your computer for security reasons, so please complete the form and print it as a PDF, if you do not have a PDF printer installed on your computer there are many freeware PDF printers available on the net, here is a link to a well know one:
Get the SWID number on your INE-W987D / X800D-U / X800D-ML / X800D-V / X800D-V447 / X800D-S906
The SWID is important for service handling, since you will lose your SWID number if:
- Your dealer/your service station exchanges your INE-W987D / X800D-U / X800D-ML / X800D-V / X800D-V447 / X800D-S906 to another one.
- The service replaced the Main PWB.
- Your INE-W987D / X800D-U / X800D-ML / X800D-V / X800D-V447 / X800D-S906 needs a complete re-installation of the firmware and software.
Therefore please note your SWID and fill out the attached form if your INE-W987D / X800D-U / X800D-ML / X800D-V / X800D-V447 / X800D-S906 needs to return to our service department and you have purchased additional software for this device.
Unnecessary, if your INE-W987D / X800D-U / X800D-ML / X800D-V / X800D-V447 / X800D-S906 has still original software package on it.
Please download the file and open in your Browser.